The Centre for Food & Allergy Research is a collaboration of Australia’s leading experts in children’s food allergy and food related immune disorders.
The Centre uses a multi-disciplinary approach, including epidemiology, immunology, paediatrics, nutrition, gastroenterology and biostatistics to investigate:
- what causes food allergies and food-related immune disorders
- how to prevent these allergies and disorders from developing
- how to prevent severe allergic reactions
- how to prevent food allergies from developing into asthma
The Centre will work with governments, health bodies and the community to:
- communicate and explain its research findings
- support the development of related evidence-based policies and practices
- promote consistency in the diagnosis and management of allergic conditions
The Centre for Food & Allergy Research was established in March 2013 and is funded by the National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC) of Australia.